Saturday, February 19, 2011

Winter Camp and Cheese in a Tube

Last week I went to this thing called winter camp. It's for all the Rotary exchange students in Norway to get together and ski, snowboard, go sledding, and go cross country skiing. For the most part, it was pretty fun. I know I don't really write very much but it's hard to figure out what to say and I'd rather just post pictures. SO! first off we have winter camp:

This is Norway: mountains, sun setting at noon, snow and trees


Other exchange students! Jourdy (Australia), Rikou (Japan), and Flavio (Brazil)
Me sledding...ouch

...but I lived!


Victoria :)   (Argentina)

On our cross country ski trip. We did 11 km. Kate (Canada), Connie (Canada), Noellen (USA), Jan? (Norway), Sara (USA), Abby (USA)

Sara (USA), Abby (USA), Monica (Brazil)

Pudding
Ok, in Norway they have this stuff that they think is pudding. And they think it's good. But it's not. The closest thing I can compare it to is maybe like chocolate flavored Jell-o that has maybe gotten old or something. You can't quite see how strange it looks unless you see it in person. I think it moves on it's own sometimes! The vanilla sauce that goes with it is really good though!


Skiing

Eating dinner

Alyssa (Canada) crashed during our cross country ski trip

And now moving on to the cheese in a tube. There is this stuff here that is literally flavored cheese in a tube. It's really common to eat for breakfast and lunch. A lot of the girls in my class bring it and crackers to school so they can make lunch. Some of the flavors are Jalapeno, bacon, ham, or fish. I've tried the jalapeno and ham flavors and they're actually pretty good. I don't like cheese that much so I'm not a huge fan of it but it wasn't as bad as it looked.

 




2 comments:

  1. Ost på tube <3<3<3 Jalapeno-ost <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to follow your blog and see pictures of my daughter, Noellen (USA)!! Are you going this week to the ski jumping finals too with all the other exchange students?

    Peggy Neisner

    ReplyDelete